J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2013
M.T., Florida Atlantic University, 2010
B.A., Florida Atlantic University, 2009
Magna Cum Laude
Toastmasters International, Gelfand Good Morning Toastmasters Club
- Competent Communicator/Competent Leader
- Vice President of Education, January 2015 - June 2015
- Treasurer, July 2014 - December 2014
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN JAY BRAVERMAN, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sept. 2015 to Present
Family Law Attorney
- Perform legal research, analysis; draft pleadings, motions, memoranda of law; perform discovery; represent clients at Motion Calendar; examine witnesses at evidentiary hearings, assist Attorney Braverman at hearings and trials.
- Interview new clients; advise clients about the litigation process and the merits of their case.
RENTAL INSURANCE SERVICES, Fort Lauderdale, FL July 2015 to Sept. 2015
Liability Claims Adjustor
- Investigated and determined legal coverage, actual damages and legal liability as third- party insurance adjustor for Enterprise Holding Inc.’s Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
- Conducted interviews and took recorded statements.
- Negotiated claim settlements.
- Drafted Reservation of Rights, Declination letters, and other correspondance.
- Maintained regular communications with all parties throughout the claims process.
SYNERGY LEGAL STAFFING, Fort Lauderdale, FL Jan. 2014 to May 2015
- Reviewed and analyzed documents for discovery requests for international legal staffing company.
- Achieved “Diamond” review status for quick and accurate document analysis.
U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT, Fort Lauderdale, FL Jan. to Apr. 2013
Law Clerk, Southern District of Florida
- Performed legal research, analyzed issues, wrote memoranda of law, and drafted proposed orders for the Honorable Raymond B. Ray.
- Gained experience commensurate with a first-year associate position.
- LexisNexis, Westlaw
- ProDoc, Lawgic, Westlaw Forms
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Pages, Numbers, Keynote